db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdk16 and suite derbyall - 128 failures
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 23:00:00 GMT
Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> 396638 enabled driver autoloading (DERBY-930). It's the patch which
>> required us to migrate to Mustang build 81--that build fixes a bug
>> which short-circuited autoloading from jar files under a
>> SecurityManager. With DERBY-930 in place, the vm will execute its
>> autoloading logic when running against jar files. Without DERBY-930,
>> autoloading will not be triggered.  Have you tried running against an
>> older Mustang build with DERBY-930 in place?
>
> I have run it with build 81 and build 84. I could try to run it against
> build 78? But as I wrote in the reply to David, I am not convinced this
> is a VM bug/problem.

I did a *build and test* on 396638 with b78: nist fails.

Inspecting the directory where derbyall is executed: "..../testDir/" I
observe that
*.diff, *.out, *.tmp, *.tmpstr etc. files and a nist directory from the
derbyall/nist test run is placed in the 'top level' "testDir/",
while for other sub-suites the "suite" directories are put inside
"..../testDir/derbyall/".
There is also a nist  directory inside "..../testDir/derbyall/", but
that is empty.

It seems like the nist test creates "..../testDir/derbyall/nist/", but
then writes to "..../testDir/" instead of "..../testDir/derbyall/nist/"?

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway