db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdk16 and suite derbyall - 128 failures
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 19:01:55 GMT
396638 enabled driver autoloading (DERBY-930). It's the patch which
required us to migrate to Mustang build 81--that build fixes a bug which
short-circuited autoloading from jar files under a SecurityManager. With
DERBY-930 in place, the vm will execute its autoloading logic when
running against jar files. Without DERBY-930, autoloading will not be
triggered.  Have you tried running against an older Mustang build with
DERBY-930 in place?

DERBY-930 makes a couple changes. It would be interesting to see what
happens if you back out all of DERBY-930 and just apply its build.xml
changes. Those are the changes which trigger autoloading. This would
help us tease apart whether we have a vm bug or some regression
introduced by the other changes in DERBY-930.

Regards,
-Rick