db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdk16 and suite derbyall - 128 failures
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 10:13:58 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Knut Anders observes the following:
>
> "This happened when Ole went from b78 to b81, so it might be a Mustang
> issue. Ole, how did your re-run with b78 go?"

Svn rev. 404808 which I was testing on will not build with b78!:
.
.
compile_jdbc4:
     [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
     [javac] Compiling 4 source files to
/home/os136789/Apache/myDerbySandbox_2/trunk/classes
     [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
     [javac]
/home/os136789/Apache/myDerbySandbox_2/trunk/java/engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/jdbc/BrokeredCallableStatement40.java:216:

cannot find symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method isPoolable()
     [javac] location: interface java.sql.Statement
     [javac]         return getStatement().isPoolable();
.
.

I started from svn rev. 396619, which was the last rev. to run ok
(builds with both b78 and b81):
I have located the problem to svn rev. 396638.
Need to analyze the details of this to find the real problem....

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway