db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdk16 and suite derbyall - 128 failures
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 00:19:34 GMT
Knut Anders observes the following:

"This happened when Ole went from b78 to b81, so it might be a Mustang
issue. Ole, how did your re-run with b78 go?"

I continue to get clean derbyall runs against the classtree in 1.6.
However, I'm seeing the following permissions exception in the first
nist test (schema1) inside derbyall. You can verify this by looking at
the 1.6 tinderbox test results at
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/DerbyJDK16/Limited/testSummary-406692.html:

ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'access denied
(java.util.PropertyPermission user.dir read):
java.security.AccessControlException'.

Oddly enough, the nist tests pass if run under 1.6 and standalone
against the jar files (that is, not under derbyall).

We're clearly not getting this error in the tinderbox tests run against
jars under 1.4.

Regards,
-Rick