db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: New "segmented" StorageFactory Development
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 20:53:07 GMT
Rodrigo Madera wrote:

> To all of the members here, I want to wish you good luck and success
> on the Derby project.
>
> For external reasons, I will not participate in the Derby development
> process.

Thanks for  the update Rodrigo.  Sometimes I find myself saying, "I
wonder what happened to ..."
I hope you will still be able to participate in the user community,
which means you can still impact what features are  implemented in Derby.

    - You can make sure issues are filed for the features you want with
clear requirements and pointers to the list discussions.
    - You can vote for the features you want (if someone else filed the
issue)
    - You can write tests or offer to tests the features as they come
available.
    - You can try out snapshots as they become available and offer feedback.
    - You can answer questions, and share your Derby experience on the
list and Wiki.

All of these things will make Derby stronger and might even make
developers more likely to jump on your features #:) So,  I do hope you
will be able to stay with the user community and we see you from time to
time on derby-user.

Kathey