db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How can I configure System property when executing test of JUnit ?
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 17:21:29 GMT
Yes, the reason is that junit does not have permissions to set
properties, and it's in the

To do this, wrap your attempt to set the system property in a
PrivilegedAction block, like this:

        AccessController.doPrivileged(
            new java.security.PrivilegedAction()
            {
                public Object run()
                {
                    System.setProperty("my.property", "foo");
                }
            }
            );

If you have the itch, it would be nice to put a method like
"setSystemProperty" and "getSystemProperty" in
functionTests.util.BaseTestCase.java that does this for you, so we don't
have to do this everywhere in our code.

David