db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susana Guedes <sgue...@lasige.di.fc.ul.pt>
Subject org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact Destroy BUG?
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 10:57:35 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am working as a researcher in a European Investigation Project named
GORDA - http://gorda.di.uminho.pt/
The goal is to make a patch to Derby to provide in-core replication
mechanisms.
Currently i am reflecting the transaction context indicating a
transaction Begin / Commit / Abort / Close

I think i found a bug in the method destroy() of
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact class.

In this method you do:
if(state!=CLOSED){abort();}
close();

I think that you should be doing
if(state!=IDLE){abort();}
close();

Is this really a bug?  In my case the replicator is receiving a lot of
ABORT notifications when he should only be receivig the CLOSE notification.

Regards
Susana