db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Searching for a mentor
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:44:17 GMT
Hi, all.  We have good proposals for all three projects we put up on the
ASF Google Summer of Code wiki page:

- Improve LRU cache manager
- Add basic JMX to Derby
- Implement MySQL to Derby migration tool

Oystein has the first one.  I can only mentor one of the other two.  I
think I would be a better fit for the JMX one, but the MySQL one is
important and if I had to pick I'd pick that one.

But if anybody is interested in mentoring the MySQL migration project,
please let me know.  The proposal for this one is rock solid and I think
we'd get something great out of it.

There is an evaluation phase from now until May 22, and you could spend
some time getting to know the student and making sure he/she is both
technically up to snuff and also seems committed enough to actually
complete the job.  But let me know soon so we can get you signed up.

Note - you do *not* have to be a committer to be a mentor.

Thanks!

David