db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Process Question: New demo code - Adding JAVA code and CLASS files [...demo\workingwithderby]
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 18:21:33 GMT
The final version of the Working With Derby document will be committed
tomorrow.  This will include the two programs covered in the document.
Unlike the document that is being added to the derby-docs repository
these will be added to the derby-code repository ( in
....trunk\java\demo\workingwithderby).  There will be class files in
this directory.

I understand from a reliable source that I should not include the class
files in the patch I prepare but that the programs need to be compiled
as part of the build.  I need guidance on how to get this done.  Does
someone manage the build files (it appears that
...trunk\java\demo\build.xml describes building the demo programs)?
Should I make an attempt at setting up the build based on how the
demo\simple is handled in this file?

Any advice / cautions will be appreciated.