db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What should I set JAVA_HOME to
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 15:13:02 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Once 1.6 goes GA and is no longer experimental, we can require it as the
> standard build platform. That's a good time to sand this down further.

Or rather, once 1.6 goes GA we can discuss if we should require it as
the standard build platform. :-)

For example you can't require 1.6 if it doesn't exist on a (mainstream)
platform that Derby can be built on today. The most obvious example
would be MacOS, I have no idea where 1.6 stands on MacOS.

We also have to consider those that do not want to move up to 1.6 yet,
maybe waiting for it to mature.

It could be that 1.6 is the default, but I think for a while we need to
allow folks to build Derby using 1.4 and 1.5.

Thanks,
Dan.