db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Summer of Code project proposal: request for review
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 09:51:28 GMT
Anders Morken wrote:
> I've written a project proposal for Google's Summer of Code program at
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/AndersMorken/SoCProp - I'd be grateful
> for any suggestions for improvements or corrections you might have. This
> request especially goes out to Øystein Grøvlen, who has volunteered to
> mentor the project I'm proposing to do, but of course any help is
> welcome. =)

Project proposal looks good.  I think it would be useful to include a
short study on what algorithms are used in other databases.  I agree
that the cache manager should not try to keep track of usage.  Instead,
it would be useful if the its interface contained a way of specifying
the priority of pages.

--
Øystein