db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Derby metrics
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 23:56:45 GMT
Kathey Marsden [W.P.A YELLOW PAGES] wrote:

> I was thinking about Derby Metrics.

Here are some images of graphs I obtained from data in Jira, back in Feb.

Image001.gif is the incoming bug rate for Derby.

In my opinion, the initial high count is a dump of bugs from the
Cloudscape database into Jira when Cloudscape was initially contributed.
The following drop in Nov 04 to Jan 05 is due to the initial low use of
Derby as a new open source project. Then the following climb is the
increased adoption of Derby leading to a possible steady state around
~22 bugs per month.

Image002.gif is reported bugs per month, with the green sub-bars showing
how many of those reported bugs in a month had been fixed by 2006/02/25.
It does not show how many were fixed in any month.

Hopefully the images will come through the mail list.

It was a painful manual process to get the raw data for this, but having
monthly updates of this would be good.

Dan.