db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby metrics
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 03:20:02 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> The other useful one that I can think of is:
> - Test case effectiveness, a ratio of the test cases that yielded
> defects against the total # of test cases

Could you explain this a little more?   I don't understand how we would
measure this.     When  a  test is created or brought into client
testing, it may find some number of bugs then it should pass and
continue to pass.    Developers will find certain tests more useful than
others as they find they catch issues in their changes, but it seems
like that would be hard to measure as the issues would be resolved
before they check in.

Kathey