db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby metrics
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 00:35:56 GMT
Kathey Marsden [W.P.A YELLOW PAGES] wrote:

> I was thinking about Derby Metrics.
> 1)  Has anyone compiled  any of the following information already?
> 2)  Can you think of additonal metrics that might  be useful to the
> community?
>
> Derby lines of code by component.
> Derby code coverage numbers by component.
> Lines of code added for 10.2 by component.
> Derby bugs by component and severity.
> Derby bug inflow by component and overall.
>
> Kathey

I would add:
- Derby bug inflow v/s outflow (fixed) over time would be helpful in
understanding defect backlog and tracking progress

The other useful one that I can think of is:
 - Test case effectiveness, a ratio of the test cases that yielded
defects against the total # of test cases

Also, an area that I think the community should investigate is using
*static analysis tools* on Derby source to improve
code quality.

-Rajesh