db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DRDA folks: Please review DERBY-846 patch
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:52:02 GMT
I forgot to respond to one of your comments, see below...

Andreas Korneliussen wrote:

> I have only looked briefly at the diff file. I think that the changes in
> NetConnection40 and NetResultSet40 are not necessary (it appears the
> changes only fix code indentation), so to avoid getting other developers
> into merge conflicts, you could probably revert those changes.

The reason I did this was very selfish.  I have a script that runs
through all the code and tries to find as many places where a
client-side SqlException is created.  I then use this script to generate
a test that makes sure that these exceptions are being created
correctly: e.g. they use a message id that has a matching message, and
that they pass the right number of arguments.  This has turned out to be
*very* valuable.

The problem is, for reasons I won't get into, the changes I made to
NetConnection40 and NetResultSet40 were to prevent the script from
breaking.  I could have modified the script, but it was a lot of work,
and this was an easy change.

I hope the merge impact isn't too heavy, this little change saved me a
lot of time.

If you think it's going to be a big issue, let me know.

David