db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DRDA folks: Please review DERBY-846 patch
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:46:54 GMT
Hi, Andreas.  Thanks for reviewing this.

I was trying to give the other-side-of-pond folks a day to review it by
posting the patch and request for review last night.

How much time do you need?

Let me respond to your comments below.

Andreas Korneliussen wrote:
> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>> Hi, all.  This patch is blocking further i18n work for me.  I also
>> don't want to have to do any merges and re-run derbyall.
>>
>> If you could get any comments in by noon, that would be appreciated,
>> otherwise I will go ahead and check in and we can fix anything
>> post-checkin.
>>
> This was quite a short deadline - if you want comments from the other
> side of the world, it would be wise to extend the deadline.
>
> I have only looked briefly at the diff file. I think that the changes in
> NetConnection40 and NetResultSet40 are not necessary (it appears the
> changes only fix code indentation), so to avoid getting other developers
> into merge conflicts, you could probably revert those changes.
>
> Another issue, is this error message:
> ERROR 08004: Connection authorization failure occurred.  Reason: userid
> invalid.
>
> I think, for security policy reasons, the message should not reveal that
> userid is invalid.

Hm, I agree.  That said, "invalid userid" and "invalid password" are
both standard DRDA values for the SECCHKCD parameter.  I guess I can say
"invalid userid or password" or "invalid credentials" for both of them,
that's a pretty common approach.

> Also, shouldn't it read "authentication failed", instead of
> "authorization  failure occured" ?

Yes, I agree, I can change that.