db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Korneliussen <andreas.kornelius...@sun.com>
Subject Re: DRDA folks: Please review DERBY-846 patch
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:02:24 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> Hi, all.  This patch is blocking further i18n work for me.  I also don't
> want to have to do any merges and re-run derbyall.
> If you could get any comments in by noon, that would be appreciated,
> otherwise I will go ahead and check in and we can fix anything
> post-checkin.
This was quite a short deadline - if you want comments from the other
side of the world, it would be wise to extend the deadline.

I have only looked briefly at the diff file. I think that the changes in
NetConnection40 and NetResultSet40 are not necessary (it appears the
changes only fix code indentation), so to avoid getting other developers
into merge conflicts, you could probably revert those changes.

Another issue, is this error message:
ERROR 08004: Connection authorization failure occurred.  Reason: userid

I think, for security policy reasons, the message should not reveal that
userid is invalid.

Also, shouldn't it read "authentication failed", instead of
"authorization  failure occured" ?

(note: the patch did not really introduce this last issue, only fixed
the message to have messageid as well)

-- Andreas
> Thanks,
> David
> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>> This patch is the first patch internationalizing strings in the
>> network part of the network client.  I thought it would be good to get
>> the eyes of some of the folks working in this area on this, to make
>> sure it makes sense to you.
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-846?page=all
>> Thanks,
>> David