db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (DERBY-1264) importExportThruIJ.sql supportfiles sqlAnywhere* need to be copied in fixed encoding
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 19:21:22 GMT
i got a similar error on one my merges. In that case the svn number
was from when we were incubator vs. graduated.  I am not exactly sure
what range of svn number was the cutoff.  So for merge I had to
use something like:


svn merge -r 219206:219207 
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk/ .


Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1264?page=comments#action_12377247 ]

> 
> Myrna van Lunteren commented on DERBY-1264:
> -------------------------------------------
> 
> Yes, I do need this on 10.1
> 
> I tried to merge, but it gave me this: 'svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: cannot replace a directory from within'....
> 
> Any suggestions?
> 
> 
>>importExportThruIJ.sql supportfiles sqlAnywhere* need to be copied in fixed encoding
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>         Key: DERBY-1264
>>         URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1264
>>     Project: Derby
>>        Type: Test
> 
> 
>>  Components: Test
>>    Versions: 10.2.0.0
>> Environment: zOS/ OS/390
>>    Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>>    Assignee: Myrna van Lunteren
>>    Priority: Trivial
>> Attachments: DERBY-1264_102_20060428.diff, DERBY-1264_102_20060428.stat
>>
>>The test tools/importExportThruIJ.sql fails after the changes for DERBY-658, because
the harness now tries to copy the supportfiles testData/importExport/sqlAnywhere1.txt and
sqlAnywhere2.txt into local encoding.. This gives the following error:
>>Exception in thread "main" sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>        at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(ByteToCharUTF8.java:278)
>>Note: before, DERBY-658, these 2 files would have to be *not* run through native2ascii.
The test explicitly assumes the contents to be ASCII (that is, the import indicates "ASCII").
 My notes indicate that with 10.1.1, this test then passed with ibm14.
>>Because the copying is done based on extension, these two files need to be renamed.
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message