db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [WWD] Review of Final Chapters (5 and 6)
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 16:52:11 GMT
Stanley Bradbury wrote:
> The final chapters or the Working With Derby are available for review
> and comment.  Please take time to provide constructive feedback on
> Chapters 5 and 6 - the review period will last at least a week (until
> May 5).
<snip>

In chapter 6 you link to http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby ,
and I think this is ok but that list kind of overwhelming with just a
few pointers on how to actually use a product with Derby.

I had pulled some of the links for the Quick Start page [1] from
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyInstruction , which points to real
materials on how to do things. I think with some improvement it might be
a better candidate for linking to.

I'll take a shot at reorgnizing the DerbyInstruction:
 1) I think it needs a flatter structure that makes it easier to find a
given product
 2) I don't like the name DerbyInstruction -- I find it too hard to even
remember it's there. What would be better? DerbyHowTo ?

thoughts?

 -jean

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/quick_start.html#Next+Steps+for+Users