db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derbyall runtimes, 10.1, and Security Manager
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 14:16:13 GMT
Hi Bryan,

When playing around with individual tests--enabling and disabling the
SecurityManager--I have noticed that our tests run considerably slower
when launched under the SecurityManager. I don't have any sense of how
much of the problem is just a tax we have to pay for security. Sounds
like your experiments may have confirmed that the problem is not
isolated to our test environment. It's definitely worth profiling this
drag so that

1) we can factor security calls to the outer loop
2) we can appropriately set our customers' expectations

Regards,
-Rick