db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Madera" <rodrigo.mad...@gmail.com>
Subject New "segmented" StorageFactory Development
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 14:30:34 GMT
Hello to all,

I'm Rodrigo Madera, software developer. I need a certain feature in
the Derby database system, and I am volunteering to develop such a
feature.

My requirement is that a database can be spread into different
directories (please read the Derby Users mailing list thread:
"Spawning Data on Multiple Directories").

I am filing a JIRA feature request and I count on the community for
pointers and information on developing such a feature.

I am still seeking the knowledge and planning the necessary steps to
do such a thing. I don't have *lots* of time, but since this is a
requirement for me, I can spend some hours on it.

Thanks to all for any input/critics/suggestions,

Rodrigo Madera