db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Fixed issues with no Fix Version marked
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:55:51 GMT

> I noticed there are 94  issues marked "Fixed" with no fix version marked.
>
> It would be good if developers could look at the  list and mark the
> fixin's for their issues (just about everyone has some)

Stupid question: Why? If something is fixed with no particular
version, doesn't that mean that it is fixed in the trunk? And doesn't that
mean that the fix will make it into the first release that is branched
after the fix was committed?

For a long time I have assumed that the next release was going to be
10.2. Now, if I had marked issues as 10.2, does that mean they will
not be a part of 10.1.3? Do I have to go through everything that I have
marked as 10.2 and change fixin to 10.1.3?

IMHO it would be better to leave the fixin version blank to signal
that they should be part of the first available release, whatever it
is called.

> or perhaps there
> is a volunteer who would like to make the pass.  I marked some bugs that
> I was interested in.
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&resolution=1&fixfor=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
>
> Having Jira  info correct sure makes things easier for users trying to find out
> which version has a fix, developers considering porting fixes for the 10.1.3
> release,

But this only applies to fixes committed after 10.1.3 was branched,
right? Anything committed to trunk prior to that is automatically
part of 10.3.1, isn't it?

--
dt