db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: Problem with new SQLException hierarchy in 1.6
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:21:29 GMT
Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> writes:

>>> Thank you for digging into this. I noticed this cruft (but didn't
>>> go hunting for the problem) while cleaning up some other diffs in
>>> the 1.6 derbyall. Yes, please log a JIRA on this and link it to
>>> DERBY-955, the master JIRA for 1.6 derbyall problems.
>> Logged as DERBY-1178
>
> It seemed like there was a second bug that you discovered here, too: you
> noticed that, due to poor input validation:
>
>    it ends up trying to use the preformatted
>    message as a real messageId and try to look up a localized version of
>    the message. This obviously doesn't work
>
> Are we going to address *both* problems as part of 1178? Or do you think
> we need to have two different bug reports?

Well, the way I see it, the first problem is definitely a bug, but the
latter is more of a "quality of implementation" issue. That said, I
think it should be fixed and I can create a JIRA for it. I just wanted
to give David a chance to "claim" this, as part of his work on
internationalization...

--
dt