db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:15:57 GMT
"David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM> writes:

> Thanks for your tips and concern, all.
>
> Mike: I remember that it used to take me four hours a few weeks ago, and
> I didn't have these CPU issues, but this latest run broke all records.
> My laptop is pretty good -- I upgraded specifically so I could run
> derbyall on it and keep working, but for some reason yesterday it was
> just killing me.

Do you happen to know the exact revision you were running?

From
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/index.html/derbyall_history.html

it looks like r392019 and r392564 took a long time, up to 2.5
times the baseline on some platforms.

A general observation is that the running time seems to increase with
the number of failures.

I try to run derbyall with nice. It usually doesn't take much longer,
AND my machine is usable, even during stress.multi.

--
dt