db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Powdrell <geoff.powdr...@epa.qld.gov.au>
Subject Porting Derby Database files between machines
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:35:00 GMT
Hi,
I would like to know if the derby database files can be moved between machines. That when
you create a derby database that there is no registry settings made or machine specific settings
applied to that machine.

For example :
If I have a database which I connect to via the url 'jdbc:derby:testdb' I have a directory
and subdirectory as follows:

testdb
	db.lck
	service.properties
	log(DIR)
		log.crtl
		log1.data
		logmirror.ctrl
	seg0(DIR)
		c*.dat files
	tmp(DIR)
		(empty dir)

Out project involves 20 users on laptops with an embedded database. I'm wanting to create
and pre-populate the derby embedded database on one machine and zip it up. Then unzip it on
the 20 laptops. Is this possible ? Can a derby embedded datastore be moved between machines
?

I couldn't find in the Derby documentation anything regarding this ?
thanks,
Geoff Powdrell

___________________________
Disclaimer

This e-mail, including attachments if any, has originated from a Queensland government agency
and may contain information that is confidential, or covered by legal professional privilege,
and is intended for the named recipient(s) only.  If you have received this message in error,
you are asked to inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any
copies of this message from your computer system network.

Any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail, including
attachments is prohibited.  Unless otherwise stated, this e-mail, including attachments represents
the views of the sender and not the views of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Although this e-mail has been checked for the presence of computer viruses, the Environmental
Protection Agency provides no warranty that all possible viruses have been detected and cleaned.
 Any use of this e-mail could harm your computer system.