db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Raymond" <raymond_de...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question about undoLWM!!!
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 04:16:15 GMT
I am trying to implement incremental checkpoint. In incrememtal checkpoint,
we write out data when system is not very busy, and update the log control
file periodically. When we update the log control file, we need to know the
redoLWM, undoLWM and transactiontable. In current implementation, the
undoLWM is tf.firstUpdateInstant() (tf is transaction factory). But in
checkpoint, we will update the log control file at a point(on the log
stream) in
the past. Now, I got a problem that how to get the undoLWM at a point in
the past. I can get the loginstant at that point(redoLWM), but I have no
is it possible for me to get the undoLWM at a point in the past?

to offer.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.

View raw message