db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepa Remesh" <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Testing - more tests needed for 10.2 ?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 01:28:27 GMT
> Is there a document for developers somewhere that explains the kinds of
> changes that impact upgrade, and how you go about writing a test an
> upgrade-impacting change?  I'm a bit mystified myself right now...
> (although I'm pretty darn sure i18n changes in the client don't impact
> upgrade :) ).

I don't think there is a document which summarizes the kinds of
changes that may impact upgrade. I think this article helps:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/versionupgrade.html. Other than
that, the various discussions are spread out in the mails.

For adding tests, please look at the case* methods in
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests.UpgradeTester.
I'll try to add information about the test to a Wiki page.

Thanks,
Deepa