db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 release in August?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:50:45 GMT
On 4/26/06, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> wrote:

> If the JDK 1.6 and JDBC 4.0 schedules should slip further, for example
> into 2007, it would be a shame to have our hands tied and be unable to
> ship any sort of a 10.2 release until then.

+1. It's the closeness of what I think the two proposed schedules are.
If the later release moved out to December or later then I'd have time
to help with both those releases.

As Jean pointed out, my negative vote is simply a measure of my
support. They're free to have an earlier release in July: it's just
that I know I won't have a whole lot of time to help with testing and
review and such, since I'm still planning on doing the 10.1.3
maintenance release that would wrap up in late June.

Ah, if only the release dates for big, complicated projects like the
JDK were concrete and never moved and we knew when JDBC 4.0 would be
finalized. ;;-D

andrew