db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 release in August?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:06:50 GMT
On 4/26/06, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:
> A bug-fix release on the 10.1 branch is very good for Derby in my
> opinion, but I would also really like to see that we got all the new
> features out to our users.
>
> I would therefore like to have a 10.2
> release not depending on the JDBC 4.0 schedule (which means that the
> release most likely will be without JDBC 4.0 support).

So what you're saying is that the release you are proposing is
definitely going to be without JDBC 4.0? Or are you saying that
somehow JDBC 4.0 support might be included in your release?

> Is this something the community wants and would support?

Rick, are you still planning to have a release with JDBC 4.0 in the
Sept./Oct. timeframe? And does it really make sense to have two such
feature releases so close together, within two months of each other?

If Rick is still planning another feature release - which would now be
10.3 I suppose - in Sept./Oct., then it's a -1 from me. Personally,
I'm not much interested just in the churn and the time involved in
testing two such feature releases so close together right after a
maintenance release.

andrew