db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build problem
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:10:10 GMT
On 4/20/06, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
> Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:
>
> > Dang. I just synced with the mainline and now when I build under 1.4,
> > the build complains that it can't find javax.transaction.xa:
> >
> >    [javac]
> > C:\cygwin\home\rh161140\derby\mainline\trunk\java\engine\org\apache\derby\iapi\store\access\xa\XAResourceMan
> > ager.java:27: package javax.transaction.xa does not exist
> >    [javac] import javax.transaction.xa.Xid;
> >    [javac]                             ^
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing these problems?
>
> Yup. I'm afraid that Andrew's attempt at fixing my metadata.java with
> 1.3 DerbyNetClient problem is to blame. Sorry, don't mean to pick on
> you Andrew, but
> </snip>

Yeah, that was me. Looks like I should have done a clobber and all
before checking the last change in. Some things that were compiling
under jdk14 but should have been (and are now) compiling under 1.3 now
need JTA in the classpath. Fix checked in with revision 395663.

This side-compile of XAResourceManager should probably be moved out
into a separate target so that we aren't adding JTA to a target based
on compile.classpath, but for now I'm just adding JTA to the target
where it's being side-compiled.

As a bonus, I think this should get jdk131 back to passing derbyall,
but we shall see...

andrew