db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:26:04 GMT
On 4/12/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/12/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> > <rant on>
> > Sorry, but it is so frustrating.  I started a derbyall run at 9 this
> > morning, and it was still running this evening.  My CPU was at 100%, I
> > could get barely any work done, and then my machine hung up, I had to
> > reboot, and the way our harness works you have to start *completely from
> > scratch* -- there is no way to start from the beginning.
> > </rant off>
>
> I'm with you on that. I've always wanted to have RunSuite take a list
> of suites, not just one.

Rant and you shall recieve? Attached is a patch which does the above.
It turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought, because
the harness actually does some setup in getSuiteProperties (bad
harness! bad!), so I couldn't just override the value of the suites
field. But then again turned out to not be so bad, since
getSuiteProperties already included functionality to load a suite
definition from the current directory, so I just needed to write out a
new adhoc suite definition.

In other news, RunSuite can read a suite definition from the current
directory. Did anyone else know that? I didn't. Anyway, makes this
patch sort of moot. But with the patch its even more direct, just
enter the suites you want to run on the command line.

cheers,
andrew