db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:34:53 GMT
On 4/12/06, David W. Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering@sun.com> wrote:
> <rant on>
> Sorry, but it is so frustrating.  I started a derbyall run at 9 this
> morning, and it was still running this evening.  My CPU was at 100%, I
> could get barely any work done, and then my machine hung up, I had to
> reboot, and the way our harness works you have to start *completely from
> scratch* -- there is no way to start from the beginning.
> </rant off>

I'm with you on that. I've always wanted to have RunSuite take a list
of suites, not just one. Then, if e.g. derbyall bites in somewhere in
the middle you can just pass it the remaining suites to rerun. And it
would be nice if it could take an ad-hoc suite as an argument from a
properties file or even directly from the command line. Or an
exclude-subsuites property to selectively skip certain subsuites of an
already existing suite.

The first option above should be fairly easy, the others not so much.

andrew