db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.1.3 planning
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:56:41 GMT
So, recently I suggested that with Rick dropping plans for 10.2 for
now, that we should have another maintenance release on the 10.1
branch.

So, in preparation for 10.1.3, I'd like to suggest to everyone here on
the dev list to review the open bugs listed as affecting 10.1. I've
shared a filter in JIRA called 10.1 open bugs to make it easy. I'd
like to start targetting specific issues to be fixed for 10.1.3 by
marking their Fix In field to 10.1.3.

We should also go through the list of closed issues since 10.1.2 and
see if there are any candidates for merging over to the branch. I've
noticed that with the recent updates to the Fix In fields for issues
that a few people specifically commented that they thought the fix was
appropriate for 10.1.3, thanks for that.

As for time frames, I'd like to give a good amount of time, say 8
weeks, for people to pick up some of these open issues and fix them,
and also, I'm out of the country the first week of June, so I'd like
to shoot for a release candidate in mid-June when I get back.

Questions, comments, suggestions?

andrew