db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "CodingProjects" by KatheyMarsden
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:33:41 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Thanks, Kathey.  You may already know this, but note that putting it
> here does not make it publicly available for students, you have to put
> it on the main SummerOfCode wiki referenced on the CodingProjects page.

I had a few questions about this:
1) Does this project seem appropriate to Summer of Code or do the
deliverables need to be more well defined at this point in the process?
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/NetworkClientQualityImprovements

2) I noticed the other projects on the main SummerOfCode page did not
have links to the project pages from CodingProjects page.  Is it ok to
have a link to our wiki from the main SummerOfCode page?

3) Do I just make up a Subject  ID?

4) I cannot absolutely commit to doing this.  Since the page says
Possible Mentor is it ok to put it  up if there is a slight chance that
I might not be able to do it?

5) Do I need to get it up today since tomorrow is May 1?

Kathey