db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "CodingProjects" by KatheyMarsden
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:03:14 GMT
Thanks, Kathey.  You may already know this, but note that putting it
here does not make it publicly available for students, you have to put
it on the main SummerOfCode wiki referenced on the CodingProjects page.

David

Apache Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CodingProjects

>   ||Add incremental support for JMX||David Van Couvering||Start with something simple
like "is the server up or down" and grow from there.|| || ||
>   ||Automatic copying of log from the log directory to an archive|| || || ||
>   ||Implement an LRU-based cache manager to replace the current clock algorithm||Øystein
Grøvlen?|| Derby currently uses a clock algorithm to determine which pages to replace in
its page cache. We have indications that this algorithm is far from optimal for some type
of loads.  Many other database systems use variants of an LRU-based algorithm, i.e. the pages
that are least recently used will be candidates for replacement. || ["LRUCache"] ||
> + ||Network client Quality Improvements|| Kathey Marsden|| Derby introduced the network
client JDBC driver with its 10.1.1.0 release.  There is still important quality work pending
to match the robustness of our embedded Driver.  This is a great opportunity to learn about
JDBC, XA, and DRDA protocol and become active in the Apache Derby development community.||NetworkClientQualityImprovements||??||