db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Revision 397980 changes MessageId to ClientMessageId
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:05:34 GMT
Yes, that's right, this change was in preparation for my next i18n patch
where the client will start referring to it.

But engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/reference/MessageId was modified to be
an empty class that extends
shared/org/apache/derby/shared/common/reference/MessageId.  How did
*that* compile correctly?

I just looked at it right now in the sandbox where I made this change,
and I see the error in NetBeans:

"cannot access org.apache.derby.shared.common.reference.MessageId: bad
class file."

So, I'm a bit stumped - it shouldn't have compiled, right?

I feel cursed - every time I try to run a smaller test suite something
goes wrong.  I feel like I should run derbyall even if I change
BUILDING.txt.

Anyway, thanks for fixing the bug.

David