db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@apache.org>
Subject Code uploads to ASF wikis
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:12:00 GMT
For anyone wondering about the growing derby+hibernate example on the
derby wiki (and I've heard from several people), below is my post to
community@ .

Public archives for the community list are at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-community/

 -jean

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: End user code contributions to asf wikis
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:54:13 -0700
From: Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com>
To: community@apache.org

A user just posted an example -- with code -- to the Derby wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseManager

My first reaction is delight that a user has energy to do this.

My second reaction is to wonder about licensing issues. Jira upload has
the handy feature that it prompts the uploader to check a box that
grants license to the ASF. The wiki has nothing like that.

It'd be nice to encourage Derby users to share their application code,
but how have other ASF projects handled this?

thanks,

 -jean