db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Javadoc lies
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:01:02 GMT
It seems to me the real problem is that the way we compile source and
the way we compile javadoc are inconsistent.

With that in mind, I have two thoughts, with no backing in understanding
how things really work...

1) Fix javadoc compilation to be in line with source compilation: build
it with two different versions of javadoc depending upon the source
being javadoc'd.

2) Fix our source compilation to be consistent with javadoc -- that is,
build everything with jdk 1.6.  I thought we had looked at doing this
using the option that indicates that the target is 1.4.

Again, I am woefully short of facts, but they were two ideas I thought
I'd put out there to see if they might help.

David