db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Binding votes for a release (was Re: 10.2 release in August?)
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 00:10:12 GMT
I want to clarify that the current discussion is about a release plan,
not a release, so the issue of PMC binding votes is moot for now.  It's
my understanding that a release vote is a vote "on whether a package is
ready to be released".  The Apache guidelines do not cover a vote on a
release plan, but the Apache DB site does: "Lazy majority decides each
issue in a release plan."  Again, according to
http://db.apache.org/decisions.html, the binding votes are cast by
committers.  Am I missing anything?

-- Michelle