db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: 10.2 release in August?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:56:21 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
Bandaram <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:satheesh@Sourcery.Org">&lt;satheesh@Sourcery.Org&gt;</a>
writes:<br>
Thanks for the update, Satheesh. Does this mean that an earlier<br>
release would have to back out or disable parts of your code, or could<br>
we keep them as undocumented features?<br>
  </></blockquote>
Don't think keeping them undocumented is sufficient.. There are clear
specifications posted to JIRA and open source nature of Derby could
allow anyone to attempt to use the features. Even otherwise, GRANT and
REVOKE statements are well known and don't really need documentation
for many users. We would have to remove the underlying code or disable
parts of the functionality.<br>
If your primary concern with current 10.2 release date is about JDBC
4.0/Mustang might slip beyond Sept/Oct, I would suggest we (DerbyDev
community) schedule Derby 10.2 anyway in Sept/Oct... If JDBC4.0 is
ready, it would be included. If not, JDBC 4.0 could be excluded. I also
think any major feature release dates need to be communicated early, so
development activities can be planned around that.<br>
Satheesh<br>