db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 release in August?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:18:51 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> If Rick is still planning another feature release - which would now be
> 10.3 I suppose - in Sept./Oct., then it's a -1 from me. Personally,
> I'm not much interested just in the churn and the time involved in
> testing two such feature releases so close together right after a
> maintenance release.

One clarifying procedural note ... voting guidelines for releases are here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

A release requires three binding +1 votes -- db pmc votes are binding
for derby. A -1 expresses an opinion, but can't actually veto a release.
That much said, the community should consider any -1 votes.

 -jean