db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: 10.2 release in August?
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:48:32 GMT
> Seems close to the Sept/Oct timeframe proposed for the 10.2 release with
> JDBC 4.0.

How confident are we of that proposal?

What I heard, a month ago, seemed like it could be paraphrased as: "JDK 1.6
and JDBC 4.0 have slipped, and we aren't sure really when they will be
done, but it won't be before this fall, so we won't be ready to release
the JDBC 4.0 support until at least then." The message I am remembering was:
http://www.nabble.com/pushing-back-release-date-for-jdbc4-capable-Derby-p3637293.html

https://mustang.dev.java.net/ simply says: "Mustang is targeted for final
release in fall 2006." In my experience, that could mean any time from
early September through late December.

If the JDK 1.6 and JDBC 4.0 schedules should slip further, for example
into 2007, it would be a shame to have our hands tied and be unable to
ship any sort of a 10.2 release until then.

thanks,

bryan