db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject serialization of Derby DataSources
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:02:49 GMT
I'm confused about the presence of serialVersionUIDs in the DataSources
exposed by our network client (e.g., ClientConnectionPoolDataSource). I
think I understand why these classes are serializable (JNDI wants to
serialize them). But I don't understand why we are forcibly setting the
serialization id. I don't see any documentation explaining the
serialization problem this addresses, stating the implications for
engineers editting these classes, or describing our expectations at
version upgrade.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
-Rick