db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [web] Sometimes, the "incubator" logo appears on the Derby web site pages
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:05:27 GMT
I updated the mini website for the 10.0 docs at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/ based on feedback Bryan Pendleton
posted [1] (thanks, Bryan!).

To see the changes you probably need to reload pages in your browser.
Here's a summary of the changes:

1) Synced the colors up with the main Derby web site at db.apache.org/derby.
2) Put the Derby hat logo in place.
3) Replaced the Incubator logo with info on where to find current docs.
4) Updated the web_site.html.

In the thread started by [1] I mentioned putting a redirect in place so
that URL's such as
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/reference/sqlj82.html would be
redirected to
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/manuals/reference/sqlj82.html,
making more visible the fact that these are older docs.

In fact, I'm not sure how much people pay attention to the URL, so I
think the notice I put in place will be more effective. Also, the ASF
guidelines at http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html mention the
hit of an .htaccess, so I'd rather leave things the way they are now
(which is a symbolic link on people.apache.org).

Lastly, I haven't done this yet but will look into doing a robots.txt
that excludes the 10.0 doc set so that searches in the future won't
include these older pages in the results.

Please post any problems you spot.

regards,

-jean

[1]