db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Quick Start link and Document link request [was: [web] Derby site reorganization (resend)]
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:33:44 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> --- SNIP  --
>
>so, this is what the list would look like:
>
>Apache Derby
>Charter
>Quick Start
>Derby Wiki
>License
>FAQS
>
>any changes?
>
> -jean

I have been looking at the new 'Quick Start' page on the Derby website
and want to highlight this page in the final chapter of the Working With
Derby document as the recommended 'Next Step' in finding out about
Derby.   One thing I would like to see added to the 'Basics' section of
the page is a link to the online documents set (
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html#docs_10.1) . Or possibly
duplicate the document list, whatever seems best.

The lack of a link to the documentation is the only online resource I
can think of that is not neatly presented on this page.

  And something else I noticed
 'Quick Start' is no longer a link in the sidebar of the HOME tab as
shown above.  I recall it was suggested that it be removed so this may
be intentional - if not, please be advised it needs to be readded.