db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [svn] how to create a forrest 10.0-doc branch?
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:18:32 GMT
I'm going to tackle the issues Bryan Pendleton raised last week [1]
regarding the 10.0 incubator docs.

For those who have long forgotten that early history, the 10.0 manuals
were stored in forrest source format as part of the derby web site,
causing great delays in web site builds. Since the 10.0 docs are static,
a year ago I moved them out into a mini web site at
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0/.

Although deleted from the web site source now, the source files are
still accessible in svn. But rather than resurrect them in place, I'd
rather check them out in a new derby/site/branches/10.0-docs location so
I can do the light modifications needed to address the issues Bryan raised.

How do I create that 10.0-docs branch? Anything to watch out for?

thanks,

 -jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200604.mbox/%3c443D68EB.2050600@amberpoint.com%3e