db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:36:27 GMT
Thanks for your tips and concern, all.

Mike: I remember that it used to take me four hours a few weeks ago, and
I didn't have these CPU issues, but this latest run broke all records.
My laptop is pretty good -- I upgraded specifically so I could run
derbyall on it and keep working, but for some reason yesterday it was
just killing me.

When I ran Task Manager, it showed java.exe taking up 80-90% of CPU, and
when certain tests ran (stress.multi) it went up to 100%.

Kathey: I run Disk Defragmenter every day... (except yesterday, as I was
already in trouble before it kicked off automatically, so I killed it)

[PC Information]
OS Version                    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5.1.2600   Service Pack 2
CPU                           Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
Memory                        2048MB RAM
Hard Disk Capacity            60,011,642,880 [Byte]   55.890 [GB]
Hard Disk Free Space Capacity 29,242,060,800 [Byte]   27.234 [GB]
IDE Device 1                  HTS726060M9AT00
(I got this disk particularly because it was reasonably fast)

David