db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:32:26 GMT

Rick Hillegas wrote:

> 2) I seem to recall that, earlier this year, optimizer modifications
> bloated up the the per-query running time.
I second Army's note... I would like to see specifics if true. The only
known problem after original Army's fixes is with NIST test taking much
longer, for which Army submitted a fix sometime ago. I checked in the
fix into trunk yesterday. If anyone know any specific performance
regressions, I would like to know about them.

> -Rick
> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>> <rant on>
>> Sorry, but it is so frustrating.  I started a derbyall run at 9 this
>> morning, and it was still running this evening.  My CPU was at 100%,
>> I could get barely any work done, and then my machine hung up, I had
>> to reboot, and the way our harness works you have to start
>> *completely from scratch* -- there is no way to start from the
>> beginning.
>> </rant off>
>> If I weren't so busy trying to get some this i18n work completed I
>> would do the work of defining a smaller MATS.
>> Instead I must sigh and restart the thing all over again.  Hopefully
>> by tomorrow morning it will be completed.   I have two other patches
>> in the queue waiting for machine resources so I can run derbyall for
>> them as well...
>> David

View raw message