db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: !$!% derbyall
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:58:40 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> 2) I seem to recall that, earlier this year, optimizer modifications
> bloated up the the per-query running time.

Ummm...I think I'm the only one who has made optimizer modifications this year,
so I guess that's a reference to me.  Are you thinking about any changes in
particular?

So far as I know, derbyall was taking just as long after each of my changes as
it was before, with the exception of the nist suite slow-down that Ole pointed
out (which has, I *think*, been resolved?) and some (expected) extra time for
the extra test cases that I've added.

I'm not denying this, but it'd be great if you could give the specific Jira
issues and/or test results that are the basis of this statement.  If we're
seeing significant slow-down because of my optimizer changes, then a) something
is probably wrong, and b) I wish someone would have said something sooner...

Army