db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.RuntimePermission getProtectionDomain in derbynet/sysinfo.java
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 02:10:08 GMT
Vemund Ostgaard wrote:
> After quite a bit of reading and testing it seems to me that the tests
> fail when db2jcc.jar is located in the same directory as the derby*.jar

I have not succeeded in reproducing this, unfortunately. Here's what I did:

1) copied db2jcc*.jar to trunk/jars/sane, where my other derby jars are
2) Set my classpath to point to the jars in trunk/jars/sane, including
db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_c.jar
3) java -Dframework=DerbyNetClient org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest derbynet/sysinfo.java

And for me, the test still passed.

Can you:
a) check my steps to see how they might be different from yours?
b) post your exact classpath that you're using
c) using that classpath, run
    - java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo
    - java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo -cp
    and post the results that you get from those two runs?

thanks,

bryan